Problem With Ati 9600xt

LENOL

Solid State Member
I have a desperate question about what keeps on happening with my PC. I bought it off my brother-whos a computer science student and ever since he formated it for me the damn thing keeps on crashing. It a AMD 2.08 Athlon XP, 9600xt, ASUS- A7V8X-X, 512 RAM, and a ANTEC sonata. Right now I have to use a Geforce 4 because without it the computer is unusable. I know that it is crashing and its not just the monitor shutting off because I was able to open an mp3 just before it crashed....the music stopped. I was just wondering if anyone else has experianced this, knows a quick fix, or any suggestions would be awsome......
Thanks

hmm antec sonata, thats a pretty small case, get yourself a new cooling system maybe. or maybe a better ventilated case.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

I'm afriad you've posted in the wrong part of the forums though. (EDIT: Posted this with the old one)

Does the computer crash with the Geforce 4 in? Or does it only crash with the ATI 9600XT?

I'd honestly try reformatting again with the Windows disc and try it all again. If you have any data on it, i'd back it up. It could also be the RAM, but was it unstable before you got it?

Try doing another reformat, and if this doesn't help, I'd seriously think its the RAM, in which case you'll have to change it, but how mant sticks makes the 512mb? 1 of 512Mb or 2 sticks of RAM of 256Mb?

Hope we can get it sorted

Conflicting problem with 9600XT

There are all possible causes for this but i dont know if this would be caused by the RAM. I thought that it might be the motherboard compatibility with the videocard....but maybe im wrong. How would that be caused by the RAM.. I have one 512...perhaps i should try switching it though....thanks for the help...if you have any more suggestions please send them back..
Thanks

The funny thing is that when the Geforce 4 is in there are no problems whatsoever except for a little shuddering of the screen..but that is extremely rare...I was also wandering if there is a quick fix to that too..

I dont think that re-formating will help either because when my brother first got the computer he had a simular problem....He changed settings, downloaded more compatiable drivers; unfortunatly, that was a year or so ago and he only remembers that he had a problem...

Hmm, in that case, what wattage is your power supply?
When you say crash, does your computer turn off?

I'm not 100% sure, but it could be your power supply, it not having enough oomph to run that card

Try not to double/triple post by the way, just edit the old one :)

Thanks for the advice but its a 350Wattage case. Would that be enough to run the components above...

Back
Top Bottom