problem

Meshios

In Runtime
ok I used to get like 50 fps on m,y 5700 got me a 7600 gs and now my fps is always 59-60 no matter what I do. Some guy said this on another forum.

"What you all are describing is a Verticle Sync (Vsync) issue that is defaulted to on on most video cards (it eliminates the tearing effect when you're moving around in game) there for limiting your FPS to your refresh rate. Only way I know how to turn it off is for Nvidia Videocards. Just right-click desktop, go to properties > settings > advanced > Then get into the Performance and Control settings of the Nvidia Control Panel and you'll want to turn off "verticle sync" under the profile "Use Global settings". I don't use the New control panel so it might be different but will fall under 3D settings. "

I looked where he said but nothing was there to turn it off..

thanks

having a higher FPS wont matter, you wont be able to notice a difference at all if its constantly hovering at 59-60.

turning it off will just make your video card output higher FPS than your monitor, which means you will see no difference.

I think there is a frame limited somewhere in CS, not sure though.

is the refresh rate of the graphics card matching with the monitor?

Ok, this is typical of CS 1.6.

Now, if your using the new nvidia control panel, I want you to go to start>control panel>NVIDIA Control panel>on the left side, click manage 3d settings>click the global settings tab>scroll down to the VERY bottom, you'll see Vertical Sync. Change it to Off, click apply. Thats that.

I believe the frame rate limit in CS is around 500 or something, but whatever. CS by default caps it at 72. So in the console, set
fps_max 101

Your framerate should now be 99-100. Even if you rise the cap higher, it will still be 100. There is a way to remove that limitation, but it's pointless and causes problems, so don't even think about it. 100 is enough.

Rudster: You may be right that the performance wont be better in any meaningful way, but the mouse movement is very different between vsync and uncapped, many CS and Quake players in particular can relate to this.

I find it to be much more responsive with VSync disabled. So I leave it off in every game I play. The tearing doesn't bother me.

The only game I have to have it on in is Thief, Thief2, and System Shock2. Otherwise it runs too fast heh.

In alot of games I have Vsync turned on otherwise I get the tear effect, so I recommend you leave it on.

Back
Top Bottom