Printer settings

bluenose1940

In Runtime
Hello folks,

I am wondering if someone can help me with a printer problem please.

I have an HP Envy 5032 which is without doubt one of the best printers that I have owned. The problem that I have is when I come to print an image that I have taken with the 'Snipping Tool'.
It seems to be set as printing to 'Envelope DL' as the default and I cannot find a way to change this. I know that it is easy enough to choose 'A4' when I come to print but sometimes I just forget and run it off with the current default setting and, as a consequence I waste paper.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can change this default to A4 please?

Many thanks.

What's the process through which you go every time you print? Where exactly are you trying to change the default settings?

What's the process through which you go every time you print? Where exactly are you trying to change the default settings?

Hello AMD_man, hope you are well, it's been a while.

I usually forget to go into 'print preferences' prior to actually printing and end up with a print-out applicable to what would be needed for an envelope. I then have to go back into preferences and change it. I can't imagine why the default setting would be for an envelope. it is not something that i do and so I know that it's not me that set it up like that.

thanks again for trying to help.

All is well, thanks. Hope all is well with you, too.

I think this may be what you are looking for: https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/56550-changing-default-paper-size.html

If you are using some other Windows version then you should try Control Panel and searching in Hardware and Sound. I couldn't find a guide for older Windows versions but I'm sure it's out there, so if you can't find the settings on your own, try using Google.

Hi again AMD_man, I have now got this sorted. I found and downloaded the HP Printer Assistant and this gave me the necessary tools to make the changes that I needed.

Thanks again for your help.

Back
Top Bottom