Primary SSD disk almost full

vlasios

Solid State Member
Hello to everybody.
I am a photographer and i am working in a pc with i7 and 16gb ram and i have 3 hard drives. One is the primary ssd 120 gb and 2 WD 2 TB each.
Mostly i use Photoshop5, Lightroom5, DG foto art, and Nero to burn DVDs.
I have also 4 other smaller programms installed but i dont use them so much.
I noticed lately that my primary ssd disk has from the 120 GB only 6.5 gb free only. I dont understand why with only those programms instaled getting so quickly full. And also i am not use this pc for internet use. Any help?
Thanks in advance.

Hello to everybody.
I am a photographer and i am working in a pc with i7 and 16gb ram and i have 3 hard drives. One is the primary ssd 120 gb and 2 WD 2 TB each.
Mostly i use Photoshop5, Lightroom5, DG foto art, and Nero to burn DVDs.
I have also 4 other smaller programms installed but i dont use them so much.
I noticed lately that my primary ssd disk has from the 120 GB only 6.5 gb free only. I dont understand why with only those programms instaled getting so quickly full. And also i am not use this pc for internet use. Any help?
Thanks in advance.

Well pictures don't take up much space, what are the programs you have installed?

There is no pictures in this drive, i save them in the other 2.
Except the programs i already mentioned i have one of Sony, Edius6, proshow Gold and Acdsee5. Thats it. Nothing else. Even if i suppose that for the windows and for those programs are 50 or 60 GB i have almost 60m gb that is missing! Something happening with temporary files? But again is too much. 60 gb temporary files?

Pictures take up a lot of space, especially for photographers.

OP, you might want to look into something like one of these [lifehacker.com] to help you understand what is taking up the space.

There is no pictures in this drive, i save them in the other 2.
Except the programs i already mentioned i have one of Sony, Edius6, proshow Gold and Acdsee5. Thats it. Nothing else. Even if i suppose that for the windows and for those programs are 50 or 60 GB i have almost 60m gb that is missing! Something happening with temporary files? But again is too much. 60 gb temporary files?

That is very unusual, maybe try transferring everything you need to another hard drive and try a disk clean up

I follow Dale advice and download the "windirstat" and i will see now whats going be happen.

Ja6on you are not going to loose your money! you had right.
At users folder was a folder "nikon" and inside was another one and has 28.000 thumbnails from captureNX that i dont use anymore and i had it forgotten.
That makes free in my disk 12 GB !
But i am still searching because maybe is more.
Thanks to all for your help. I am grateful

Back
Top Bottom