Power Supply Question

Flagsley

Beta member
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums and the reason why is unfortunately because I have a problem. Yes I know, I'm a newbie to the building world. Anyway, the other night my computer just refused to turn on so immediately I though: "Crap, well, could be anything." And started to cry (not really). So I opened up my rig and checked everything out and I realized that the light that indicates my power supply is connected was off. I immediately unhooked it gave it a test. Sure enough it was dead.

My question for you today is whether or not a certain Power Supply I found will be compatible with my system.

Previous Power Supply: Newegg.com - Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1000 1000W Continuous Power ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply

Power Supply I can afford: Brand New 1000 Watt 140mm Fan ATX Power Supply 12V 2.3 Dual Rail EPS12V Quad SLI-Ready SATA 20/24 PIN by KenTek only $68.99 - Other Power Supply

So my question is: Will this come with all the right hookups? It appears that it will from the cable image but I just want to be sure before I can invest in another part (money is scarce right now, I barely even have 70 bucks of disposable income). The reason I ask is because the Antec 1000w has a series of outlets below/above the snake and I now have a few loose cables. Will said cables be included in the snake?

If there's any more information you'd like, I'd certainly be willing to provide it.

Regards and thanks for the read,
- Flagsley

P.s. This was not my build. I had purchased this custom rig.

what brand is the power supply you can afford? i think its better to get a 750 psu that is a good brand... and what parts do u have. as long as the psu is a mainstream psu and has all the cables u need it should work.

For most systems, 1000W PSU is complete overkill.
true.
but it's not like it always puts out 1000W.

I'd rather be over than under, and if there is no appreciable difference in price, then why not?

Sounds stupid, but check and make sure the switch on the back of the power supply is on before replacing it. I can't tell you how many times I've done that. My friend works at a computer shop and he had an old lady that brought in her computer that wasn't powering on. The owner immediately went to dead PSU and went to look up a new one, by my friend look at the back of the power supply and sure enough the switch was just off.

I have never seen a computer needing a 1000 watt PSU. Just saying.. If you had an i7 hexa core with 32gb DDR3 ram, and a super card.., you still wouldn't need 1000 Watts. if you want to stay safe, get 850 watts.

Sounds stupid, but check and make sure the switch on the back of the power supply is on before replacing it. I can't tell you how many times I've done that. My friend works at a computer shop and he had an old lady that brought in her computer that wasn't powering on. The owner immediately went to dead PSU and went to look up a new one, by my friend look at the back of the power supply and sure enough the switch was just off.

Happens so many times :D

Back
Top Bottom