Power Supply problem, or something else

radiator1

Beta member
Lately, when I tried to turn on my pc, it wouldn't happen anything, not even turn on any lights or so on. But after a minute or so, when I pushed the button once again, it would turn on. It worked just fine, no problems at all, I could work with it properly with no problems occuring - this lasted for 3 weeks and some days, I guess. But suddenly, four days ago I tried to turn it on, but wouldn't turn on, not even after 5 minutes or more. I thought this was the Power Supply, so I went to fix it. They changed my Power Supply and it turned on very well. Took it home, turned it on and worked fine. Suddenly, after 20 or 30 minutes, I'm not sure, it turned off itself. I didn't have much time to do anything, becasue it suddenly turned on again. But this time, my monitor didn't turn on. I turned the computer off by holding the power button for three seconds, and then turned it on again, it started but only the green light was on on the computer, the red one wasn't working at all and monitor wasn't on.

What could it be?

It could be a number of things. Could be that the PSU is gone again. I would check that as it's the easiest to replace. The red light I assume is the HDD. Even if it was out you'd still be able to see a picture. Are you running onboard video? If so there are good chances your motherboard went bye-bye. If you have dedicated video, I would check that too by plugging in the VGA/DVI cable to onboard. If you don't have onboard, try to get another video card to test it.

What is onboard video? *blushing*

I resent my pc to the service that changed my Power Supply, and they reinstalled my pc and said it's working fine now. Took it home, switched it on and while I was transfering my saved documents in my computer, it turned off again and then turned on and nothing happened - the red and green light was working. I was worried that maybe the current where my computer was taking the power was the problem, and changed it, but still happened the same. I switched it from UPS thinking maybe it was the UPS doing all this, but still it kept repeating the same problem. Help!

Whats the PSU power rating?

I had this problem whan I started out trying to use low power PSU's until they died.

Back
Top Bottom