power supply issues?

its snoodles

In Runtime
Ok so about 2 months ago i bought a new Raidmax 730 watt Modular power supply and havent had any problems with it yet, Until today of course i was doing my school work so nothing intensive and i get up to put my little sister to bed and when i come back my computer had shut itself down then a message in the ASUS screen said the the ASUS anti-surge protection detected power surges during your last boot and has shut down your computer to protect you system from a faulty power supply.

so after i see that i boot up like normal and havent had any problems since it happened about 2 hours ago and my current voltages are:
Vcore = 1.08 volts
+3.3V = 3.29 volts
+5V = 5.00 volts
+12V = 11.93 volts

any suggestions should i RMA it now or wait and see if it does it again?

i am plugged into a surge protector because i have to plug in my monitor speakers tower and my modem and router all in in the same spot

It sounds like your surge protector isn't doing a very good job. I'd replace it with something a little more substantial and see if you still have issues. Do you have access to a Sure-Test or similar wall voltage monitoring device? You might want to test the wall voltage to see if you're getting spikes or drops in voltage that may be too much for your surge suppressor to handle properly.

Back
Top Bottom