Power supplies

nieuwsma

Solid State Member
Hey everyone! well i am pretty knew to this whole computer building and new to these forums so Hope to see you guys around :) !! well this is my problem. I have the crappiest computer alive a emachines, and the power supply went out. So i replace it witha 500w power supply, which is compatible with amd/64, and intel mobos. So i figure it'll work with a emachines, but no it wont. I got a 24 prong cord for the main motherboard, and everything fits fine. But i guess it just isnt compatible with my motherboard. So what powersupply can i get? I looked at emachines and they have 350w :( for like 60.00 + ship, so i think thats stupid. Any help!? I would appreciate it! Thanks alot guys!!!

If the connectors fit, and it don't work, it may be a bad PSU (Power Supply Unit). Try another one, and see if it works. If it still doesn't work, it may be other issues involved. What made you want to get another power supply? How did it "go out"?

well the 250w stock one that came withh the computer was slowly dieing. One day on boot it says that our floppy failed, and then when you would type it would type twice or 3 times. and rows of keys like ik, and edc stopped working altogether. So i took it out and plugged it in to my old dell and it didnt work. so i plugged in the dells psu to my computer and it was trying to spin. But with the new psu i bought therss a on and off switch on the back, With it plugged in to a working outlet, and w/o it hooked up to the mobo should it spin? I also tried the new one in the old dell and it didnt work. So i am guessing its either my mobo is shot or the new psu is shot.. ty for the help btw :)

well is it prbably my psu? because if i am going to buy a new mobo i will just build a new comp. what do u think?

Back
Top Bottom