power problems. have to flip the breaker every time i want to turn on my computer.

imnotahippie

Beta member
hello. i have been in the IT field for about 10 years now and have never had this kind of issue.
nor can i find any forums about this type of issue.
every time i turn off my tower i half to flip the breaker in the back of the PSU press the power button and it shows all the fans start running for a second then flip the PSU back on then i can turn on the computer. and once its on it will stay on with no issues. i can restart the computer (odd this mother board when you reboot it shuts down everything waits 2 seconds then turns back on) with out it turning doing it but once its off i have to do the same thing.
another power supply i tied did the same thing but was only every 2 or 3 times i powered the computer on.

Specs
aztek 500w psu, and xclid 500w currently using
intel core 2 quad q9550, 2.83ghz 1333fsb 12MB L2
4GB ddr3 1.033ghz
intel DP45SG motherboard.
ati 4890
x2 750 gig drives not raided
i won't to into too much spec details but i think it might be my mother board since i have tried using 2 different power suplys.

anyways any help would be greatly appreciated and i can live with this issue but it gets really annoying.

thanks in advanced.

Have you tried plugging into a different wall outlet on a different circuit? I had similar issues with my PC when it was plugged into a crappy outlet. Put it in a different room for a couple days to see if anything changes.

yeah i have. i work about 3 hours away so i take it between 2 different houses every week. been doing this for a few months now. i did notice that when i turn it on and it does not come up all the fans furn on to max speed. when it turns on properly the fans run normally.

Back
Top Bottom