Post beeps errors lead to Video Card

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
I have had an ongoing problem with my desktop either not working at all or it working for a short period of time. When it isnt working, I get the post beeps of 1 long and 3 short, upon looking up the code meaning with the motherboard, i found that it is a VGA issue either not seating properly or not present, when i remove the card completely I have no issues and no beeps, but my MB does not have Video Components built in. When the card is seated properly but computer still isnt turning on it sounds like my VGA Card isnt getting sufficient power because the fan spins on and off speeds. So my first question is:
Is my motherboard and vga compatible with each other?
Newegg.com - ASUS M4A78 Plus AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard MB
Newegg.com - XFX GS250XYDFC GeForce GTS 250 512MB Core Edition 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card VGA

my second question is, should a 650W PSU be sufficient to power this up?

Wildcat this is the PSU I'm using. and ohsnapword, I dont have a known good card at this time and dont know anyone around me that has one for me to test.

i found that it is a VGA issue either not seating properly or not present

Your PSU is powerful enough but I would try cleaning with compressed air the PCI-E slot contacts, used alcohol and microfiber cloth to clean the card's contacts and when handling the card its a good idea to ground your self (electrostatic discharge)

Wildcat this is the PSU I'm using. and ohsnapword, I dont have a known good card at this time and dont know anyone around me that has one for me to test.

You can always pick one up from the store for cheap and return it later. I do that a lot.

Well upon taking out all components and setting the computer up open box on a cardboard box I found out that my card hasn't been seated correctly, I believe its because of the case causing my card to torque the card some, so I'm going to alter the case some to relieve the stress on the card along with hide all of my wires properly... Thank you both for all of your help though...

Ok update on this issue, I have the computer up and running but I am afraid to shut it down or let it restart. The last time that it fully started up without error it went through a system update and restart not being able to start up and giving post errors like stated above. I am now trying to see if there is any software out that can run a diagnostics test on all of my hardware when started up. I do not have the money or the resources to try another card or power supply or motherboard, so as for right now the only chance I have is to run tests on it. It is also still set up as a card board set up and not in its case.

Back
Top Bottom