Is it possible to put a game into windowsed mode instead of full screen?

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I have a laptop which has problems trying to stretch a low resolution to fit the whole screen. It has a 32MB intel graphics card - so won't play very good games anyway. I was just wondering if anybody knew how to put a game on windowed mode, or how to make the screen stretch or any good old games that might work on this laptop. The game I was trying to play was roller coaster tycoon 2 - mainly becasue you don't need a very good pc.
Laptop Spec:
Pentium III 844MHZ
Intel 82815 Graphics
Windows XP Pro SP2

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=57998 - Here is a link to the post I made about the problem about my laptop not stretching a low resolution.
Thanks for any help.

Right click on the shortcut and hit properties, then add "-w" without the quotes and it should work.

Sorry, I probably sound really stupid but the target box already has a link to the file typed in so whenever I try to edit it its just says the path is invalid.
this is whats in the target box: "C:\Program Files\Infogrames\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2\rct2.exe"

Thank you for the help. The quote worked but annoyingly it didn't put the game in windowed mode. I'm going to try to update my directx - see if that helps. If not it probably becasue the game is too old or just becaue my laptop seems to be completely mucked up when it involves the graphics card.

No problem. It probably depends on the game. I've only tried it with Test Drive Unlimited and it works, but I don't know about other games.

Back
Top Bottom