Possible Dead MoBo for this Newbie... Please Help.

Philou

Beta member
OK, one night i was lying in bed listening to some Queen, when the computer Just went quiet. The fans stopped and everything, all i could hear was the little humm of the water pump. so i went to investigate.. Something was majorly wrong. I thought my cooling system might have leaked and caused a short somewhere, but upon inspection, all areas of the case / Mobo / Pci's were Dry.

So i tried to start my com again by turning off the switch, then on again. This yielded a just noticable "Twitch" in the fans. So, me with my limited knowledge immediatly suspected the power supply. So i swapped it with another, only to find the same symptoms..

Do i need another MOBO?

I was scared the P4 Chip had fried, but i wasn't at a high level of OC, i was running at 2.6 from 2.4 (Intel P4 2.4C). and with watercooling it was running at a luke warm 45 on max load in a hot room.. so i doubt that was it..

Please Help.. :'(

Philou said:
OK, one night i was lying in bed listening to some Queen, when the computer Just went quiet. The fans stopped and everything, all i could hear was the little humm of the water pump. so i went to investigate.. Something was majorly wrong. I thought my cooling system might have leaked and caused a short somewhere, but upon inspection, all areas of the case / Mobo / Pci's were Dry.

So i tried to start my com again by turning off the switch, then on again. This yielded a just noticable "Twitch" in the fans. So, me with my limited knowledge immediatly suspected the power supply. So i swapped it with another, only to find the same symptoms..

Do i need another MOBO?

I was scared the P4 Chip had fried, but i wasn't at a high level of OC, i was running at 2.6 from 2.4 (Intel P4 2.4C). and with watercooling it was running at a luke warm 45 on max load in a hot room.. so i doubt that was it..

Please Help.. :'(
You gota be jokeing,you must have dreamed this,a computer does not "leak" but drunk people do.
Stop playing around next time.
By the way ? How did you make this post ?
:confused: :confused:

There are now cpu cooling systems which use a water cooling system-they have a radiator and some have a swamp cooler style cooler-A water leak is possible.

Gary Graefen said:
There are now cpu cooling systems which use a water cooling system-they have a radiator and some have a swamp cooler style cooler-A water leak is possible.
I'll take your word for it then,in the meantime i'm still working on a completely enclosed freezer system.So the skys the limit.
a 1 gb cpu might fl(r)y at 1 terrabyte.
:p

Gary Graefen said:
if you replaced the power supply and still nada if assembly was correct dead cpu and or mother board

SO the CPU is a possibility? i thought the P4 would shut down (crash) if temps got too high?

Back
Top Bottom