Is this possible?

ProtestTheHero

Beta member
I have an HP pavilion 533w from 2002 ( I think) it has crashed 3 or 4 times in the past 8 years but my uncle has fixed it each time, it works well but now I am looking to start up Computer gaming because console has become boring and I was wondering hat do I need to upgrade to make my computer a gaming computer? It has 1Gb of ram, Intel Celeron 1.99ghz with windows XP 2002 SP3

My parents used to have that exact computer. You can't do much in upgrades for it. Even if you upgraded it to the max, the price you would pay in upgrades, you might as well get a newer system. Plus upgraded to the max isn't going to play any kind of high end game anyway. XP SP3 just seems to slow down these older systems. My P4 with 768MB ram with XP SP3 was stupid slow for basic tasks. Time to upgrade if you want to game.

Well you'll need a good video card and just from the age of that computer I'm guessing it doesn't even have an agp slot so you won't find any good video cards for gaming. Plus the rest of the PC will bottleneck any good video card you put in. You'll end up spending more money on upgrades than the pc is worth. It'll be like a chain reaction, you replace one thing then you'll have to replace another, and another and so on......

Back
Top Bottom