pls help me.

lenbytech

Beta member
My system won't boot properly. Dell - optiplex gx270 series. Bios version A03. Level 2 cache 512 kb integrated. This is the error messessage i get, Alert ! Previous shutdown due to thermal event." Thanks.

{Edit} Service tag removed to protect your privacy.

Its overheating. Make sure the fans inside your computer are spinning. Also, it would hurt to go in there with a can of compressed air and clean off any dust that may be causing this problem

compressed air is really hard to use. it takes to long. I usually just take a vacuum with a hose, and suck up all those dust, but dont go near that looks electrical, only use the hoses on the fans, nothing else, people say that it creates static and might fry the system.

A vacuum cleaner in a computer? You're kidding of course.
A horse or camel hair brush and a can of air and you're in business. That type of brush is non static and lets you get in to the fins of the heatsinks and over the cards and mother board. After you clean it out good, fire it up and check the fans. The one on the cpu is the one you're really concerned about at this juncture. make sure it's running.
The error you posted is due to the cpu getting too hot. Intel will throttle back to cool off then if it's still running hot it will shut off. If doing a cleaning doesn't help then the thermal paste or pad has dried out and it's time to replace that.
But clean it up real good first and make sure the fans are running before tackling that.

Back
Top Bottom