Please help with computer monitor

joe1944

Beta member
Hello this is my first thread and im not sure if it is in the right place however my computer is having a slight problem at the moment at random points the monitor will switch of and say no signal however the computer stays on its just the monitor which says no signal and the display doesnt come back until you switch the computer off and on. We have tried switching the monitor and if you have any idea how to resolve this problem it would be much appreciated thank you!

It could be that your video card is faulty or overheating. If this is a desktop computer, do you have a dedicated graphics card? Or, are you using on board graphics built into the motherboard.

If it's the former then check that the heatsink is clean, and that the fan (if it has one) is also clean and working. If it has multiple outputs (ie: DVI, and VGA) then try another output and see if the problem goes away.

thank you i will try that i have gtx 970 for the record and any other advice would be helpful aswell!!

Right click on the desktop and select personalize. Select screensaver. Check that the setting is not for the screen to go blank. Pull down the menu and select none. Click apply then ok.

Otherwise check under power settings and make sure screen off and hibernated are sitting on never.

As they always say start with the easiest and most obvious. Are the connectors all seated properly and tightened? If they are, try disconnecting it and re-seating all connections first, then go on with other troubleshooting, you'd be surprised how often it's just a poor connection or one that has become slightly corroded and a re-seat will work wonders a lot of the time. If not, at least you know it isn't that.

Back
Top Bottom