Beta member
Hi, I just bought a computer with these: Specs
Gigabyte X48 DQ6
E8500 Dual Core
Epsilon 700
2gb of ram
Gigabyte Setto 1000 case
Windows XP 32 bit

I am now playing on a 32 inch Sony D series with a resolution of 1366x768 ( I am going to a get a proper monitor soon)
On any resolution whether high or low graphic settings, Oblivion lags if I see an NPC outside or in a city. and the menu stutters a lot!
I played Rome Total War. an old game, and it lags with 6000 men which should handle fine with more than 10000!!!
I downloaded the drivers and I still get the same problems!
Please help me, I am really angry and I regret that I bought this PC!

Welcome to CF! :) What drivers do you have installed for the card? Did you previously have drivers for your old video card installed? Did you uninstall them?

Thank you for the welcome.
I got a whole new set up and I tried removing the drivers that came with the graphic card to install the 8.8 version. Oblivion still suffered some major lags and stuttering in the menu. After a few hours of trying the pc again, the framerates were incredible! but then when I decided to play again. All I got was lag.

8.8 works fine for me.

OK, here's what you're going to do:

First of all, download Driver Sweeper, you'll need it later.
Go to control panel/add-remove programs -> ATi display drivers - uninstall. You will be prompted to reboot, do so. -> Reboot into safe mode by tapping F8 just before Windows begins to load. When you're at your desktop and in safe mode, run Driver Sweeper. Check the "ATi - Display" checkbox, click analyse, then clean. Reboot once more (not in safe mode). Install the 8.9 BETA drivers: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?p=962830 -> You will unfortunately once again have to reboot, but it will all be worth it because your games should work fine.

Enjoy!

thanks. I will try this in a while but unfortunately the country I live in does not allow me to download from megaupload due to its poor servers. So should I try installing 8.8 again or is their another link for the 8.9?

That sucks. I guess you'll have to reinstall 8.8 and see if it works whilst you wait for 8.9 to be officially released.

Back
Top Bottom