Please Help !!!!

1999m300

Beta member
I recently bought a new laptop computer (HP pavillion) that runs windows xp. I set up a wireless network in my home with my other computer that runs windows 98. I tried to network these together, but can not figure it out. Please help.

Windows XP SP2 can help you there, its has better wireless networking, do you have SP2 installed?

win 98 and win xp can be difficult network wired let alone wirless .is it possible to put xp on all pcs this would mwke it a lot easyer if it is possible
.also all the eqipment is it all the same compant such as netgear or is it different may be a incompatabilty problem. let us know exactly what you are using ie wirless gear

sorry i have just read the question again can you actualy connect but not share folders or somthing like this. because win 98 and xp have a rael problem sometimes seeing each other.

Eh.. well, the reason this won't work is the simple idea of DOS. You see, 98 is built using DOS whereas XP only has a commandline emulation of DOS, it is not the core of the OS at all. So when 98 requests a core command for a sharing operation, XP cannot achieve that. Actually, WIndows 2000 NT would come in handy here, as it is still the BEST Windows distro for networking wired and wirelessly. :D

sorry about the double posting i keep forgeting to edit the 1st post it is notto get the post count up i appologise

Back
Top Bottom