Playing DVDs

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
I know this is stupid, but my computer wont play DVDs. This is kind of a full time in my life so I don't have time to find the problem myself..

When I try to play it in RealPlayer (my second choice.. and last one, that's why it's my first player I'm posting. My brother had to download RealPlayer for some college class... Just convinient, but who cares :p )It said it has to download some software.. it goes through that, then it says "Unable to play DVD" dialog box. Within the box it says, "You must have DVD Software installed on your computer to play DVDs. Please ensure the DVD software that came with your computer or DVD drive is properly installed, before attempting to play your DVD. (That's an out of place comma.. kind of annoying!)

Ok, so we got that. I get this in Windows MP.

Hm, look at that, There was a hurricane down here and ook my computer to my grandpas, which didn't have the internet. Couldn't download updates of course.. now it's letting me (back home).

It says "An unexpected error has occurred. Setup was not able to detect any Windows Media Player updates. Please try again later."

So I guess I'm screwed. When I tell it to look in my "E:" Drive (DVD/CD drive) It can't find anything. I'm assuming I don't have the codecs or something to that extent.

If I open the DVD I have IFO, VOB and BUP Files.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106263

That's the drive I have.

Thanks!!!

-Q

Oh! Thought this may be relevant!!

Can play Music CDs.. had to go digging around for one to test :p And in the Device Manager it says I have the drivers. I can't find drivers on google... but then again, I didn't really look to hard ;)

Back
Top Bottom