Plans for extreme gaming/graphics processing computer

AmishRebel

Baseband Member
Ok I am going to build myself a new computer and I'm looking for opinions. I want a blazzing machine but I don't need overkill although if I can afford overkill I'll go for it. Here are my options:

Athlon 3500 64 bit processor
Asus A8NSLI Deluxe motherboard (2x PCI Express Graphics Card Slots)
Geforce 6200 GPU with turbocaching (maybe 2) or Geforce 6600 GT GPU (maybe 2 also)
1 stick of 512 MB DDR 3200 with 400FSB speed
80 GIG Western Digital 10000 RPM Raptor Drive
Generic DVD burner drive
Generic gaming tower with 500 watt power supply
Plenty of fans
Cheap Generic sound card (I'm not a noise fan)
And I'll just hook all this to my sony trinitron monitor untill I get my boss to give me his old Gateway flatscreen 19"

Ok and here's my other prospect:
Athlon 3500 64 bit processor
Gigabyte GAK8NF-9 motherboard (single PCI Express Graphics Card Slot)
Geforce 6200 GPU with turbocaching or Geforce 6600 GT GPU
1 stick of 512 MB DDR 3200 with 400FSB speed
80 GIG Western Digital 10000 RPM Raptor Drive
Generic DVD burner drive
Generic gaming tower with 500 watt power supply
Plenty of fans
Cheap Generic sound card (I'm not a noise fan)
And I'll just hook all this to my sony trinitron monitor untill I get my boss to give me his old Gateway flatscreen 19"

My second option is a good deal cheaper. What I'm really trying to find out is how much performance I'd sacrifice by going with option #2. Opinions, suggestions, all of these are greatly appreciated. Thnx for any help :cool:

For the case you were talking about you shouldent go for a generic case with a 500 watt PSU If it is 80 dollers or under your probably going to get a very shitty 500 watt PSU which is not going to help with all the stuff your gonna be using for your
computer, for the diffrence in preformance between option 1 and 2 the only diffrence is the Mobo and the PCI-E slots so Preformance is not a big diffrence

With the 6200 w/ TC or the 6600 GT? Nope. 2 6600 GTs are like one 6800 Ultra. You might want to get a 6800 Ultra (PCI-E) and save up more money, then get another 6800 Ultra (PCI-E) and then SLI them together.

EDIT>>> Oh and if youre going to get all that, you might want to get 1gb of ram instead. 1gb will be better for the future, since future programs might use up more ram (same with games).

Back
Top Bottom