Pinnacle PCTV Cable Sync Problems

Jamxx

Fully Optimized
Hey guys.

I've had a PCTV for my computer for some time now, and it has been working fine for the last year or so.

However, now when I try to watch TV on it through a coaxial port, the video picture lags behind the audio channel. At first, it seems to work fine, but after about 30 seconds, it begins to lag. After a good minute or so, the picture is behind by about half to one second.

I did have Nero SmartStart installed a while back, and I read somewhere on the Internet that could cause problems with it. I deleted Nero, and everything was solved... Until now. I haven't used it in a while, but the last time I did, it worked perfectly. Here's something a bit odd, though. I have an old PSX (the old boxy ones that came out before the PSOne) hooked up with an RFU adapter, with the normal cable plugged into the antenna port of the RFU adapter, and the main cord coming off of the RFU adapter itself is securely fastened to the coaxial port on the PCTV. When I play the PSX, which I have set on channel four, the sound and video sync perfectly with one another. The cable is very fuzzy when the PSX is on and I am on a channel besides four, but that doesn't surprise me too much... I'm guessing that turning off/on the PSX works in the same way the VTR button on a VCR works (when you turn on the VTR on my VCR the cable picture becomes very fuzzy), so I'm not worried about that. Could it be that the RFU adapter is causing the cable lag? I wouldn't think so, because it still should be a direct connection... Has anyone else had some kind of problem such as this? I would like to get it to work.

Thanks again!

-Jamxx

Double-bump.

Hey, come on now! I feel really bad about triple posting, but I can't figure this baddie out. I need help!!!

Any ideas whatsoever will be appreciated!!!

Back
Top Bottom