Photoshop Software Help

PCNoob2

Daemon Poster
OK, I just got this software which my brother gave me and for some reason when I try to install it on my computer, an errors pops up that reads

I'm missing a certain file and it can't start the program and it recommends reinstalling. So I click OK and it exits the software.

I go back to reinstall it and I choose the "repair" option where it fixes curropt datas, registries, etc.

So after that's done I go to restart it and the same message pops up again, saying that it can't find the necessary files and to reinstall.

Does anyone know what could be going on?

it sounds like your pc has files missing and registry errors, I think you're due for a windows reinstall.

And how can I do that?

When I bought this cheapy computer they didn't give me the windows CD.

well, if you don't have a windows cd or a restore cd of any kind, you'll have to buy one. what OS are you running?

windows xp.

It's weird though. It says everything installs fine in the installer but when I activatethe program is loads and then bam it hits me.

OK here's what is says in full:

An error has been detected with a required application library and the product cannot continue. Please reinstall the application.

Dunno if that helps...

My bro burned it and have me a cd key for it.

I don't know why but the same cd installed fine on my laptop.

Just on this old desktop that it didn't.

ahh, it installed fine on your lappy? well then I stand by my advice before that you need to reformat and reinstall windows because the cd is good if it installed on another computer without any problems. If you got it installed on your lappy ok, I would just use it on that instead of going through the hassle of reformatting your other computer, especially since you don't have a windows cd.

I don't think you need to reinstall windows, that's a little drastic. Try deleting anything you can find that is Adobe, and start clean with the Photoshop installation

Back
Top Bottom