Photo album/ printer problems

cjras

Beta member
I am not a computer wizard and merely use the internet for purchasing and the use of a digital camera for photos .

I have decided to use the forum for assistance as the shop assistants were not very helpful.

I purchased a Cannon ip 1500 printer but I cannot install the enclosed photo album software, all the other programs on the cd have installed and the printer is working.

error message

Source file not found

PREC2\pr.cab

Verify that the file exists

I emailed Cannon who have indicated it is a computer problem and the PC is not reading the disc

How can I correct the problem without restoring to factory settings and installing as was the shop advice

Thanks for any assistance

Hmm, so is that the error displayed when you try to install the software or when you try to run it?

I just tired a search and can't find the file for download. Are you sure you installed to drive C?

Yeah, tech support might actually be correct this time. being a .cab files makes me think it's some installation file that's not being read. You think you could try and copy it to the computer and just see if you could install it from the harddrive. Kinda doubt this would work, if it'll even copy.

What OS are you running. Sometimes that can have a problem, but it is acting like it's just not reading it, so :-/

There are pleanty of other programe out there, so don't just get stuck with this one...

Darren.gif

Testing a sig here seeing as I can't put it elsewhere ;P Bear with me, I'm still getting a decent since...

The error appears when the Photo record tries to install from the supplied CD.

It is a photo album for storing photos

My OS is XP

I have managed to install it on my laptop and another PC ok

Per shop there could be a software compatability problem

try dragging and dropping the entire cd to a folder on your harddrive and then run the install from there as suggested.
Ive had cds not read from the install executable correctly from a cd but work ok if the cd is copyed to a harddisk.

Copied to C drive and installed photo record

Thanks for that Gary and for everyone else who replied

Back
Top Bottom