Performance Leap

G9

Daemon Poster
So... how much faster would a 2.26ghz Pentium M processor powered with 2GB RAM be than a 2.0ghz Pentium M proc powered with 1GB RAM?

about 260 mghz faster, lol :) and with the memory it would really depend on which one you would get, and what you would be looking to do!

I'm looking for a machine that'll do the basics along with development programs provided by Adobe and Macromedia.

alright, i would probobly suggest going with a higher processor altogether, if adobe is in the picture. Memory is very important with adobe programs, and you are going to want to find the best kind out there, i would suggest some high speed 1 GB ram, and maybe go for a little more speed on the processor, then again, adobe premier, photoshop CS2?

If your looking to just do some basics with CS2, then the first option should be fine, but if it is premier, i would go with my option A. my high speed 1 GB ram and 2.8 with HT sometimes even bogs down with premier, that is one hungry program! d-:

Ahhh...

Just dump a load more memory on it then, 2GB DDR400 v. nice indeed. Check the max. supported memory though!

Wait, you have a Pentium M machine on a S478 to 479 converter right?

If so, why not go to prescott.

If it's a laptop, the FASTST I can see is a 2.6GHZ maybe (I honestly don't remember)

Well now that i know its a laptop :p your best bet would be to get the higher processor size and throw in some good memory, also, make sure that the MB on the laptop can handle Some good high speed memory, because some of them cant. If your going to be using those computers primaraly, then your going to want to probobly sacriface processor speed for memory amount, if its a budget issue.

I think you guys are missing the point (thanks for yourfeedback anyway!)... how much faster will it be?

Back
Top Bottom