Pentium M or Athlon 64

Hmm, Athlon 64 will be better for games, and probably for performance too, since i've heard Pentium M isn't exactly a high performing processor. Its basically a low voltage, mobile processor, which would be used more in laptops than in Desktop PC's.

Athlon 64's are also cheap too, even for high CPU speeds :)

If you get a pin 939 Athlon processor, it'll also be easier to update later on to a new CPU if you wished to update, though of course to get any new processor you'll need to get a suitable motherboard first if the one you have now can't support what you want :p

LAPTOPS:

As for laptops, i'm afraid i dont know too much about them to give you some opinions,
though the 1st link seems better as you have more choices for what you want and gives you mroe options. You get a high performing Pentium 4 proccesor with HT technoloy, over the 3700+ on the second link, which is still a great CPU adn might overtake the Pentium in some things (Though Pentiums are better at multitasking than AMD depending on the CPU speed you choose)

As for the video card specs, the first one again has a better deal, allowing you to go as high as a Radeon X800 which is better than the second links Radeon 9700 graphics card.

For everything else, the first link is also better, allowing for more memory increases, and higher ranges of hard drive space for you to pick from.

So if i were to choose, i'd go with the first purely because of choice.

AMD 64 is the best choice. I suggest you get an Alienware laptop. They have some of the best laptops you can buy. Find one that suits your needs and then buy it.

Yeah 2000 will be fine for a laptop. You could get a great one for that price i'd think. As its only for work, does it even have to be that powerful?

Yeah its okay, i sort of accounted for that when i talked about the laptops up there :p

The 1st one does give you more choice in what you want vs price, compared with the second one, and since the second link has a Athlon 64 (better for games than a Pentium), it doesn't have such a good graphics card (only a Radeon 9700 which will play new games, though not at high resolutions).

The 1st link accounts for this by allowing you to get higher video card specs, and excellent power in processor too for alot of programs to run, etc, while still giving you alot of power for games :D

Since you like gaming, go with the Athlon 64 Mobile. The Pentium M is also a very good processor, but it doesn't suit your needs in this case.

Back
Top Bottom