PDA's

JennCG63

Beta member
Hey everyone. I'm interested in buying a pda, it's going to be a christmas present for my boyfriend. Anyway, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to picking out electronics and have no idea where to begin to find a good pda. I do know that I don't want to spend too much, I know they are expensive and I do want a good one. If anyone has any suggestions on what brands are good or where to find goods ones for less, please please please let me know! thanks guys.

I have a Dell Axim X5(no longer in production as far as I know) My dell has served me well. It was quite cheap compaired to others, but performace matched price. Mine was rated one of the slowest in it's class. Still, if you want to keep the prices down, Dell has some nice PDAs to choose from now. Also, the X5 was one of their first ones, so their newer ones are much better I'd assume.

Now you need to decide what kind of OS you wnat. There's PPC/Windows which tipically is more multimedia based, but it's harder to find software for(especially free) Palm OS is tipcially more simple stuff, but there's TONS of software to choose from.

Memory is a consideration, but nothing major. Most have a good bit of memory to start with, and you can always expand it.(well, with most of them)

I guess we should know your pricerange first then we could help more from there...

Back
Top Bottom