PCP&C RMA Question

ryanhoang@gmail.com

Solid State Member
Hello All,

I recently had a power outage in my house and unfortunately, my PCP&C 500W pooped out on me. Seems like it might have shorted out because nothing would turn on, even after leaving it out for a day. I tried using the paperclip method but no go either, so no Im planning on an RMA. For right now, Im using an old Cooler Master 600W, so nothing's urgent.

The PSU has a 5-year warranty on it but I know that OCZ recently bought PCP&C, so Im not really sure about their RMA policy. It says on their site:

"This warranty shall not apply to any product which has been subject to connection to a faulty power source, alteration, negligence, or accident, or to any product which has been installed other than in accordance with the instructions."

Do you think that they will accept the power outage story as RMA or does that count as an exception from above?

Any help would be great.

Thanks Again

I would give them a buzz. They may take it, but if you had abused of the source, kiling it, then it's your fault. I'd call them, to see.

Do yourself a favor and get yourself a decent surge protector. It'll save you money in the long run, trust me.

As for the situation, just say it died. Don't say anything about a power outage and see what happens.

Do yourself a favor and get yourself a decent surge protector. It'll save you money in the long run, trust me.

As for the situation, just say it died. Don't say anything about a power outage and see what happens.

I'm with Dude. Tell them it died, period. My father-in-law taught me to never volunteer more info than someone wants.

Back
Top Bottom