Pci-e slot/videocard trouble!!! FFS!

vampslord

Beta member
Hey!

I let my computer go to sleep at night. I came back last week, wake it up, but go a no signal message on my monitor and i can still hear windows booting up when i reboot, but still nothing on my monitor. I tried every thing i could think off. remove battery, reset bios, take my 8800gt alpha edition video card off, put it back in, no succes. I can use the onboard video card no problem.

So i tought my video card was blowned. I went and bought Asus GTX560. Install it, only to get the exact same result, no signal. I tried every thing again and again.

It just wont detect any card in my PCI-E slot. It seems to have happened to a lot of people.

Some say it happened after installing the new win7 update. I cant remember if it was right after it happened, but i remember doing and update not long before. since then it keep installing randomly some update whenever i reboot, even tough it did already.

My setup, using Belarc advisor
http://i42.tinypic.com/32zus8w.jpg

try changing the video cable that goes to your monitor.

i also had this problem with the first time i installed my gts450 , my manufacturer told me that the black out'd screen is due to insufficient power supply to the Graphics card.

so i inserted a supplimentry power supply cord in to the GCard , and Vola!! it worked !

Tried already. I ran with my 8800gt for 3 years (yeah warranty on whole computer just run out last july...) without problem.

Doesnt fix it.

As for my psu, its a 535w. Been running without trouble to.

I tried to change in the bios to boot with pci(peg), but no result.

Back
Top Bottom