Pci/agp

Jimbo246

Baseband Member
Hi i was wondering how much faster a AGP Radeon 9250 128mb vid card is appose to a PCI Radeon 9250 128mb Vid card. Is it a big difference if a difference at all? From a person if i was to know nothing at all about cards i would say the AGP would be 8X faster because its socket speed is 8X.

the agp 8x card will be much faster i think the clock speed for agp 8x is 533mhz and pci is 33mhz so u do the math

yeah, pic isn't really supposed to be for vid. cards because 1. they're so old 2. they're so slow compared to what's out now. The agp ati 9250 will pwn that pci 9250. Of course, there's always pci express, which even faster than agp, but that's the new generation. Old is agp and old old is pci. Yeah, 2x as opposed to 4x/8x, and then pci ex. is 16x. Hope this helps.

ya i no bout pci xpress and stuff,but i jsut wasnt sure how much more a diff the agp from the pci is. I guess i just thought that well if its the same model they cant be that much diff but if the clock speeds are wat gaming_freak says they are there really is no comparasin. Thanx for hte fast reply's i know just about everythig i need to know now

Back
Top Bottom