pc world & xp cd

r_moore04

Daemon Poster
well i got my laptop from pc world at the start of the year and it came with xp media center, now i thought it would come with the media center cd, coz i no that dell send out xp cds with a new computer or laptop, i was shocked to see that pc world doesnt, and now they want £30 from me for a new cd, which tbh i dont get at all, coz i have the cd key, coz its on the bottem of the laptop, i just dont no why they want £30 from me, i had the free vista upgrade from them and they sent me the vista cd, all i had to pay for is delivery, which was only £5..

anyone had the same problem??

Since you already have the product, it would be legal for you to torrent the CD image and burn it to a CD and use your Key to install it.

ah i dont trust really trust downloading an OS from a torrent, ya never no what someone has done or added to it

I assume you laptop came with the VISTA upgrade installed then, well are you happy with it (everything running OK) if so go and get an image back up software like NORTON GHOST or ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE and back you system up on a partition or CD unless you have a recovery disc or partition that came with you laptop. If its VISTA ULTIMATE you have it has its own image back program anyway. If you are wanting to go back to XP then you do have problems.
Other than downloading it you will have to borrow a Friend disc and copy it, you could try ringing up MICROSOFT and explain the situation and see if they will send you one, they probably will say no and go take it up with PC WORLD but it cant hurt to try.

Back
Top Bottom