pc upgrades

jimbob1

Beta member
Right, There is this kid in my class that is really p*****g me off because he is being so big headed about his pc and that its so much better than mine. The computers are the same Dell dimension 2400 but he has added 254mb ram, he has repositioned his hard drive (which he says makes it better allough I dont really see how) and he has some software that aparently makes his computer faster. Every day he is in my face saying my comp is s**t so I would like some suggestions for upgrades/hardware that would really shut him up! (obviously not overly priced as I do have a limited money supply

Also If anyone would be so kind as to help me find some cheap pc cases like on the sticky post with the pics.

If he is p*****g you off by his computer, then you have bigger issues then this forum can handle.

Talk to your parents about getting some one on one counseling for your jealously and inability to handle peer pressure. Or better yet, ask your parents to do some real parenting to help you grow up in to a proper adult.

Life gets MUCH worst then having someone telling you they have a better computer then you. You don't see Camers crying, because you have a computer that will run circles around his. Take a look at his specs.

And to make matters worse, when I post you will see my specs and know that there's one much person that has a better computer then you.

If you just want to upgrade your computer for your own satisfaction, then I would suggest the following two solutions.

1. Upgrade the RAM to at least 512MB

2. Get yourself a video card like ATI 9600 or better. They run about $100.

P.S. Moving the harddrive within your computer really makes your computer faster. No, do you actually believe that?

jimbob said:
Right, There is this kid in my class that is really p*****g me off because he is being so big headed about his pc and that its so much better than mine. The computers are the same Dell dimension 2400 but he has added 254mb ram, he has repositioned his hard drive (which he says makes it better allough I dont really see how) and he has some software that aparently makes his computer faster. Every day he is in my face saying my comp is s**t so I would like some suggestions for upgrades/hardware that would really shut him up! (obviously not overly priced as I do have a limited money supply

Also If anyone would be so kind as to help me find some cheap pc cases like on the sticky post with the pics.
Put up with it; there are always twits who do that - all you have to do is be blaze about it and eventually he won't care. Either that or he will continue about it but then it stil doesn't matter to you. I know a couple of people who like doing that too - and its even more annoying because their computers are much worse.

Life goes on.

Lol, thanks for saying my pc is crap. Heh its lvely for what i use it for im not fussed. I am upgrading soon then you cant diss me heh. And yeh who cares about your friend just cus he's and idiot and figured out how to put an extra stick of ram in it.

camers said:
Lol, thanks for saying my pc is crap. Heh its lvely for what i use it for im not fussed. I am upgrading soon then you cant diss me heh. And yeh who cares about your friend just cus he's and idiot and figured out how to put an extra stick of ram in it.
Who said that? :D Although, it may be. ;) :p

Just order spare parts when i get the occasional pound. So far i got my case (raidmax cobra) and i have a Maxtor SATA 80Gb w/ 8Mb cache, and i got plenty of cd-roms/cd-rws etc.

What i need is:

A7N8X-E Deluxe SKTA NVNorce2ST ATX 8xAGP Giga LAN, SATA, Firewire, 6 channel Audio, USB2 Dual chan. DDR +WiFi slot (up to DDR400)

AMD Athlon XP2800 333FSB 512kb L2 Cache Barton Retail Boxed

ATI radeon 9800pro

Corsair/Kingston 512 DDR400 PC3200 Memory

and a watercooling kit :D

Back
Top Bottom