PC restarts and then turns dead

jportz28

Baseband Member
Hi all, i new here.. i troubleshoot a friends PC.. at first i was dead, i opened it, and turns out that it was so dusty inside, i cleaned it out.. It turns on and then after a few minutes or even seconds after, it will restart and then i have a dead system.. at first i thought it was a ventilation problem, bec. the processor fan was not turning properly.. i bought a brand new processor P4fan and installed it.. but it's just the same, it restarts and turns dead... i also exchange the power supply with mine bec it has the same wattage, but its still the same... Not i think its the proceesor that has a problem, or i there something else? is it the mobo? can any one please help?

The system has:
ASUS P4s8x-x mobo
Intel P4 2.4 ghz
GeForce4 MX440-8x 64MBDDR + TV Out
P4 ATX switching PS 300 watts
256MB DDR

is the PSU nakerd? i had a similar problem, but it would give you about 20 mins before is restarted...it turned out the psu was either overheating, or couldn't take the power, so it just kept restarting. maybe if you could get your hands on a spare psu, try that? just a suggestion :)

try taking it to bits and then putting it back together. that means everything, all of the wires and add ons. if you have a bad connection somewhere you will remedy it. if that fails, you can then move on to something els.

Back
Top Bottom