PC problem for beginner, help?

DashAki1

Beta member
Hello guys, i am new to this building PC and i just built my new PC and it is not good and it is overheating very much, and my motherboard is killing my PC, specially my HDDs, one HDD is Detected in BIOS and getting S.M.A.R.T capable but command failed, other one is OK, but the POST is very slow and after the monitor shuts down the processor shuts down 2 or 3 secs later. and i am trying to upgrade my PC.

My Spec :
CPU : AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition(i think)
Motherboard : MSI 880GM -E35 MS7641
GPU : AMD ATI Radeon HD 6570
Memory : 2x 4GB

And i am looking at this ASUS P9X79 Deluxe motherboard but it cannot support my AMD processor, i am very low on money and i want Intel CPU cause i like to play and use my CPU a lot. like use heavy softwares that uses CPU and GPU much. My current CPU heats very much, on idle is 40C and when gaming or using heavy software it is 53C or above. can anyone help me out, i am desperate with this PC,also i am looking at i7 3rd generation processor. HELP ME??? hehe

First, clean all of the dust out of the PC. That CPU won't bottleneck on most modern games.

If a hard drive is failing any S.M.A.R.T. tests, back up all data on it immediately.

The temps you have listed aren't cause for alarm.

OhSnapWord said:
First, clean all of the dust out of the PC. That CPU won't bottleneck on most modern games.

If a hard drive is failing any S.M.A.R.T. tests, back up all data on it immediately.

The temps you have listed aren't cause for alarm.

This. I have also seen cases where a failing hard drive can significantly increase the time it takes to post. I'm willing to bet that is causing your slow boot times now.

one HDD that is getting the S.M.A.R.T error is not even visible in the Windows, no program is detecting, disk manager, or device manager, nothing. how can i back up the files? and the other one is not giving error but the POST is slow, and after giving shut down command, the monitor shuts down but it takes 2 or 3 secs to the case to shut down, is it because of that current OK HDD is failing too? i am not getting, i recently bought it and can't understand why that they are failing. do you know what is the cause???

Back
Top Bottom