Partition

Ok, I have 5 Partitions I wan to delete one so I can install Linux Gentoo onto it. I booted up my disc of partition magic and it showed just one big primary partition. So i got Partition Magic for the computer (non-bootup) and i deleted the partition and it had to restart the computer for the changes and then couldn't apply the changes.I just need a free partitioning tool in which I can delete a partition. Any Suggestions?

that happened with me when i had Norton GoBack installed do you have any programs that may be taking control of your Drives

thats your problem, for some reason i could not partition or do anything with my drives i had to uninstall mine it took 3 and a half hours :0

i have not got round to reinstalling, not to sure i want to

yes thats correct it worked for me, look forward to a very long uninstall lol depending how long you have had it installed, hold on can you disable Norton GoBack?

i uninstalled it and was able to immediately use disk management to delete all but 1 partition and leave the rest alotted to install gentoo on! thank u alot technoman!
do u have msn or aim?

Back
Top Bottom