"PAGED_FAULT_IN_NON-PAGED_AREA" Blue screen

Hppa

Solid State Member
Hi,
I have been having a plethora of computer issues recently which I think have resulted from a virus. Despite many scans I haven't been able to defeat it. It seemed to have the ability to disable my touchpad sporadically and most recently when I went to start up my computer I was confronted by the BSOD in the Microsoft Windows XP loading screen. The computer just turns off and restarts itself until it runs out of power always faltering on the boot screen. I have been looking at a few solutions, but am worried to try anything that may not be suited for my exact problem. I have little idea of how to go about doing this and any help would much appreciated.
The following is what I have been able to gather from the BSOD before it restarts.
Stop: 0x000000050 (0xE88A0E22)
I have tried to copy the bit in bold but it seems to change on every reboot. There is also a bunch of 0's after that but as I said it restarts to quickly for me to count them.
By the way I am unable to boot in safe mode.
Thank you in advance for your help.

It could be a corrupt operating system or a bad hard drive. Are you able to boot successfully into safe mode?

To boot into safe mode, when the initial logo screen has come up (logo for the manufacturer.. for example HP), press F8 repeatedly. That should bring up a start up menu presenting you options. Choose Safe Mode (different than Safe Mode with Networking) and see what happens..

I'd recommend if you can't boot into safe mode, perhaps trying to do a format and reinstall Windows. If you have a Windows CD, or recovery disks, this will be possible. If you don't, you'll need to get a hold of one or the other to do a format.

A Microsoft XP/Vista disk can be bought in any retail store or newegg.com
A recovery disk would need to be acquired through your manufacturer, if you don't already have one.

For now, try the safe mode and report back with the results and if you have either disk.

I should have mentioned I am unable to boot up in safe mode. I have considered reformatting windows but I was hoping there would be another alternative to that. That will be my last resort.

You can still backup your data even if you can't boot into Windows. You can either run a live disk and do so, or you can take the physical HDD out and place it into an external enclosure. Then plug the drive into another machine, and it'll power on as an external drive, and allow you to backup all data.

Then format.. :)

You can still backup your data even if you can't boot into Windows. You can either run a live disk and do so, or you can take the physical HDD out and place it into an external enclosure. Then plug the drive into another machine, and it'll power on as an external drive, and allow you to backup all data.

Then format.. :)

Do you have any reccomendations on live cds that could adequately back up all the programs on the C drive?

Backing up programs won't work unless their standalone and don't require files spread throughout the O/S and or registry.

In most cases, you can only get the DATA created by them, and even that is not always possible.

You definately need a format here. Sounds like corrupt Windows Files. Hopefully you have the restore CD's that came with the computer. Otherwise you'll need to find all the drivers.

You definately need a format here. Sounds like corrupt Windows Files. Hopefully you have the restore CD's that came with the computer. Otherwise you'll need to find all the drivers.

This is exactly what I feared. This virus has been absolutely debilitating, or at least I think it was a virus as everthing seems to have eminated from it.

Yes. It probably started as a virus and eventually caused the system to goof up so many times that the Windows files got messed up. It's hard to expain really how it all happens, but it appears a reinstall is immenent.

Yes. It probably started as a virus and eventually caused the system to goof up so many times that the Windows files got messed up. It's hard to expain really how it all happens, but it appears a reinstall is immenent.

Shouldn't there be a way to change the registry if thats what its done without formatting the hardrive. Like with a live cd or something.

Back
Top Bottom