OverClocking Problems Please Help!

BigLu

Daemon Poster
OK, so I had my 3200+ Venice running all the way to 2.4GHz very stabely and cold. So i tried to up it to 2.5Ghz, and I tried to boot windows and got a stop error. So I backed it down to defaults, and I still got a stop error. Going back and looking at it, I constantly monitored my temperatures, and nothing got over 40 Degrees Celsius. But, I looked in my buios, as I upped the CPU frequency, it also upped my memory speed. SO, I had my memory running wayyyy faster thatn it should of. So i'm thinking I ruined that ram. SO I don't really know what could be keeping windows from booting. PLease Help.

since u seem to have 2 sticks of ram try to see if one of them works. Just take the other one out and try if windows will start up. Then try the other stick.
If u can't get it to work then get ur hands on some ram that definitely works and test with it.

If it got damaged because of the high frequencies I don't think that there is anything to do exept by new ram.

when u were overclocking did u set the memory divider on the ram? if not then its gona run way to fast and it will crash, with that ram try to keep it around 400mhz and if u dont know what im talking about when i say memory divider read some overclocking guides on google and try again

Back
Top Bottom