Overclocking Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.5GHZ with stock heat sink

jdawg34520

Solid State Member
Is it safe to overclock an Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.5 GHZ Proccesor with a stock heatsink??? I only have 1 fan in my computer but i also have a hole where an expansion bay should be. and idk if power supply matters with overclocking but i think it does a little bit, I only have a 250W(no GPU, 1 HD, 1 CD RW/DVD R, and 1 Card Reader.) I dont think im using much power at all . would u do it???

I personally wouldn't

The amount you would be able to overclock wouldn't be much seeing as how its the stock cooler

And I don't think you need too much extra power to OC

I personally wouldn't

The amount you would be able to overclock wouldn't be much seeing as how its the stock cooler

And I don't think you need too much extra power to OC

yea i dont think i will ever OC it since i barely know how to. but if i was going to i would research a lot

I don't see why not. If you keep an eye on temperatures you can OC any processor on stock cooling

yeah, just try a little bit at a time and keep an eye on the temps, the hole where the expansion slot should be won't help much as hot air rises (in most cases away from the expansion slots and towards the psu), if you're talking about an old pentium dual core cpu then be careful, pentium 4s ran very hot and pentium Ds were just two pentium 4s slapped together...

I don't see why not. If you keep an eye on temperatures you can OC any processor on stock cooling
Exactly, of course you can if the temps are within check. Max temp is 72c on the 45nm C2s if you have the E5200.

Back
Top Bottom