Overclocking AMD 3500

jscott

Baseband Member
I'm wanting to overclock my AMD 3500, but I definatelly don't want to fry anything, and I don't know much about this. When I go into the overclock menu, I have 2 different things to overclock. CPU frequency, and PCI Express frequency. First off, I'm looking for speed here, so I'm not sure what I should overclock. Second off, I'm not sure of what values I should overclock them to. Should I push them to the farthest they can reach? Thanks for any info. :)

do u have proper cooling for ur pc? or else u will fry something. and dont OC if ur unsure about and i would u read more about it so u can make sure u dont make mistakes.

Oh yeah, I know where to go, I just need to know the safest values. I don't want to OVER over-clock, if you know what I mean. ;)

Just try trial and error. Keep adjusting the values untill your computer refuses to boot. Its really hard to fry your computer. And if your computer doesnt boot at all you can always reset the cosmos

Yeah, just make sure, as you adjust your cpu's clock speed, you adjust your ram speed, etc.

Hmm, etc? So are you saying that I should raise everything in ratio? For instance, if I raise CPU frequency to 220, I should raise PCI Express frequency to 110?

what kind of memory do you have? if you don't have good memory, you won't be able to overclock all that much and your system will be unstable. Like say if you have value ram, or ram that is on the cheaper side.

Back
Top Bottom