overclocking 7600gs causing fatal system error due to nvidiadisp?

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
ok guys i was playing this game demo called Toca Racing 3...and it was running good about 50 fps...and i had my card overclocked from 266mhz mem..to 346...and from 400 core...to 440....but ne ways it went to this blue screen after about an hour...and said...blah blah system error dude to nvdisp...which is of course nvidia display

so what could be wrong?..i underclocked it a bit (not below stock though)...to 301...and 410...but it did it again...then i turned off OC'ing..and it worked fine....please help?

also this has happened twice before in bf2142...but idk why either.and it wasnt overclocked

also is there supposed to be some type of mulitplier on my video mem speed...because its only at 266mhz stock..and i have an XFX7600gs 256mb 128bit..agp 8x..and on newwegg it says i think 800mhz mem...and 400 ish core!

mkae sure your temps r ok becouse the 7600 has a horrible fan
i suggest buying a new fan and some artic silver 5 and put a better one on there

ehh a fan wouldnt matter the 7600GS runs extremly cool, even w/o a heat sink i think it runs still 40 degrees celcius

hmmm...it runs....58c* under no load..and about 60* under load not oc'd..and oc'd ...it runs 75*...so yeh i may just wait until new 8000 series comes out thx!

Back
Top Bottom