Over Clocking Screeny

Yes, raise the cpu clock.
I'd leave the ram thing (ddr clock etc) at 'auto'
Have no idea what that 'Refresh rate (Tref)' thingy does so I wouldn't touch it.

mammikoura said:
Yes, raise the cpu clock.
I'd leave the ram thing (ddr clock etc) at 'auto'
Have no idea what that 'Refresh rate (Tref)' thingy does so I wouldn't touch it.
You wouldn't want to leave it at auto because your memory may not be able to handle the higher frequencies. If your memory is able to run past the stock 200mhz then you could leave it at auto.

Problem is I have PC3200 RAM which runs at 200MHz stock.

But if I increase the CPU clock won't that be like the FSB and overclock everything since it's an AMD Athlon?

The Amish Kid said:
You wouldn't want to leave it at auto because your memory may not be able to handle the higher frequencies. If your memory is able to run past the stock 200mhz then you could leave it at auto.

Yeah well..
any ddr400 memory will be able to go a little over 200mhz. I'd just keep it on auto and then if u have problems (like blue screens) turn it to manual and make the ram run at the default speed. (200mhz)

Liminator said:

But if I increase the CPU clock won't that be like the FSB and overclock everything since it's an AMD Athlon?

it will overclock the cpu and ram.

Liminator said:

You can use a divider though to keep the memory from running at the speed of the FSB. You will probably want to use a 5:6 divider. They should be preset in the BIOS.

I dont know how your BIOS is but in mine underneath the FSB option there is a thing that says "Memory Frequency" and I can choose what to have my memory run at.

Back
Top Bottom