is this over clockable

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
ok i just found this out and was wondering if i could over clock it any and if it would be a good idea to over clock it, i dont really want to fu** it up because im wanting to sell it in about a year or less.

sorry i forgot to add these:
cpu-z2.jpg

cpu-z.jpg

thats a laptop, right?
Then you probably can't, but go into the bios and check if you can.
Also you could read the overclocking guide if you are unsure about what to do, but as I said you probably can't oc.

borat_sagdiyev said:
no not because bios stops you, but because its a laptop, and it will overheat

but since it's a laptop I'm assuming it's a prebuilt one bought from some company. And like 90% of the time that means that the bios is locked.

yeah but the only time that i play games is at home and i have a cooler pad under it that stays on constantly. would that be ok or still to risky.

well ive gotten into bios but would it be ok if i were to over clock it and make sure i only run big programs while on the cooling pad is turned on or will it be smart to just forget about it

Do you know if you can monitor the temperature of your processor, say, through Speedfan? If the temperature is kept at a good level, you could try it with relative safety. Without temperature-monitoring software, I wouldn't even think about it. Overall, I wouldn't recommend it since it's a laptop, but it should be fine if you monitor the temperatures. I know a good place to stop for the Athlons is 55*C. I'd assume it's near the same for the Turion, but for safety's sake, let's say 50. Temperatures may be higher on laptops than desktops, so I really don't know a good estimate.

And if I misinterpreted and you meant, "Is it possible to overclock this?" then I can't answer you. Look in the BIOS, and you should find out. If that doesn't work, ClockGen is a pretty good free program that lets most people overclock through Windows, but it's a tad bit buggy. Good luck with your overclock if you choose to do so.

even with a cooling pad i still wouldnt. unless you want to de-clock your comptuer every time you desiced to take it somewhere without the cooler. too much of a hassel.

Back
Top Bottom