Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/)
-   Hardware (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/hardware/)
-   -   Other hard drives changing in size (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/hardware/other-hard-drives-changing-size-208351.html)

TP-Oreilly 01-15-2011 07:40 PM

Other hard drives changing in size
 
Hi, i have two hard drives in my pc, one for windows 7, and one for windows xp.

When i was on windows xp earlier i looked at the used space of the hard drive with W7 on, then i looked a little later and noticed it had changed...

How can this be if im not using the other hard drive, it has no connection with the other hard drive, i dont use it for temp folders and page filing or anything,

blondie101010 01-15-2011 10:20 PM

Re: Other hard drives changing in size
 
I doubt anyone can guess what's going on on your machine, but you did access it!

TP-Oreilly 01-15-2011 10:21 PM

Re: Other hard drives changing in size
 
:O it doesnt matter anyway, its not important, i was just wondering, i aint saw it do it since.

compdude 01-16-2011 12:30 AM

Re: Other hard drives changing in size
 
weird? why have windows xp on one and windows 7 on another

why dont you save more space and download Windows Virtual pc and then you can open up windows XP on your windows 7?

iPwn 01-16-2011 09:04 AM

Re: Other hard drives changing in size
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TP-Oreilly (Post 1072435)
Hi, i have two hard drives in my pc, one for windows 7, and one for windows xp.

When i was on windows xp earlier i looked at the used space of the hard drive with W7 on, then i looked a little later and noticed it had changed...

How can this be if im not using the other hard drive, it has no connection with the other hard drive, i dont use it for temp folders and page filing or anything,

That is an odd scenario and really could be a number of things in my head but possibly the usage from shadow storage was not accurately being portrayed. There's also the possibility that your XP machine didn't read the FAT correctly initially? That's really a tough one to diagnose...

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondie101010 (Post 1072447)
I doubt anyone can guess what's going on on your machine, but you did access it!

What?

Quote:

Originally Posted by compdude (Post 1072453)
weird? why have windows xp on one and windows 7 on another

why dont you save more space and download Windows Virtual pc and then you can open up windows XP on your windows 7?

That's actually a good idea.

compdude 01-16-2011 07:32 PM

Re: Other hard drives changing in size
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by InfectionZero (Post 1072477)
That's actually a good idea.

thanks


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0