Ordering new PC on friday, have questions.

joe pic

Fully Optimized
hey guys, so i'm ordering a computer this friday from compusa. it's the HP Pavilion a1430n. it's got an X2 3800, 1 gig of ram, and an integrated geforce 6150LE... alright, i know...here's the link btw:

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?pfp=SEARCH&product_code=337486&pfp=srch1

I'll have roughly $100 left, and i'll save up more for a 7600gt. well, my question is...

does this have a PCI-E slot? i can't tell or not. Will this PC get my by just for a few weeks by playing the sims 2? would it be able to with that video card?

how long would the processor last me through new games?

alright thats all the questions i have for now, thanks guys

joepic said:
does this have a PCI-E slot? i can't tell or not.

I looked through it, and it says 3 pci slots, 2 open, so underneath, there should be something saying pci-e, im going to say no, there isnt a pci-e slot.. :(

i don't think it does...its not that much better than the compusa one. an extra gig of ram and a different processor. i got a gateway gt4016 and it does great for newer games. its only $599.99 for pretty much the same stuff almost...

nahh, i think i'll go with the HP one from walmart. HP is a good name and i think the price is great. 2 gigs of ram with an x2 4200? thats not a good deal? i'm definitely gonna go with a dual core, so i'm really not interested in the gatway, but thanks for the reccomendation

OH, it doesn't come with a keyboard and mouse, which sucks, but i'm thinking of getting one off of newegg. i'll have about $50 left over...anyone know which i should get?

idk how to overclock at all, so maybe i'll come here for help. is the 4200 alright with overclocking? it's pretty much a 3800 just with a higher clock speed

the 3800+ and 4200+ will both OC to about the same speeds so the 3800 is the better buy due to the cheaper price.

Logan said:
dam walmart, says 1 PCI express slot free.....but not x1, x4, x8, x16 nothing.
anyway....get this one....great for upgrades....
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2205245&Tab=0&NoMapp=0
that with another gig of RAM and a 7600GT is a decent computer.

also remember that 3800+ X2s have been reaching 2.6Ghz on stock cooling lately
with OCing.
You aren't going to be able to overclock a gateway or HP. They lock their BIOS's so you cant. I would go with the HP one at walmart. Great deal, just add in the 7600gt and you have a nice computer.

Back
Top Bottom