"Open With" menu

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
How can I get rid of this? One some of my computers, there are some really pointless programs selected that I wish woudln't show up. Some images have a permiere option to load, HTML files have OpenOffice, DreamWeaver, IE, FireFix, etc... You get the idea.

Basically, I'd like to clean these up to just the programs I WISH to open these things with. Just Firefox and Dreamweaver for web files. This or get rid of the open with menu all together and have some addition menu options.

Click Open With; and go to choose program. At the bottom - is a tab saying make this the default program for this file type. Go through all files you want changed.

*SCREAMS* OK......maybe a visual will help...

Untitled-1copy.jpg

I know it's still set to open in MSPaint. HOWEVER, when I change it, it's still going to have those other programs there...

when u open it, u should just dble click it, or is it a cd? cuz i only get that open with window when i put a cd with video files or what not on it, i think u may need to go to file properties to make it so that u dble clik and it opens how u want it to, remember the computer is ur slave

Oh I can open things just fine, just sometimes I want to say open an image in firefox because I simply want to view it, or open it in photoshop because i want to edit it.

And no, it doesn't really matter what's in the menu. Just sometimes I miss click and snag the wrong program. Plus, I'm a perfectionist and I'd rather not have stupid programs such as premiere on a list for images, as an example...

Back
Top Bottom