Online gaming Help

Impruv

In Runtime
Me and my friends all have firewalls so all our Ip Adresses would be 192.something.... however, I have found my real ip using a site. But whenever some games like SWAT 4 have the option to connect to a specific server by typing in the IP; we can never connect to each other. Like if he types in my real IP or the Firewalled IP; it can never connect. Is there a way around this?

Reading between the lines, it looks like your connected via a Router as this would give you the 192.* IP range. Now if thats the case you have to setup port forwarding e.g each game requires certain ports to be accessable from the internet (see your Router manual for details).

If your not connected via a Router, it possible that the firewall is blocking access, find out which ports the game uses and allow them through.

BullDog(UK)

google.
U could also just disable the routers firewall, and use a software one.
Atleast with my router it works like that, firewall on = need to open ports, firewall off = no need to open ports.

But if u turn it off make sure that u have a software firewall running, u don't want to be left unprotected.

Back
Top Bottom