one more question

disturbed13

Daemon Poster
if i was able to take all of the info on my HDD and put it on an external HDD
then re-format the internal, and the just put all of the files back and have it write over everything wouldnt that give me all of the files that i have now, and the correct HDD size?
(ive been trying to get it to show all 1.5 TB, and re-formatting is my only option)
thanks for the help

I think you have the idea. If you back up all your important files to an external drive you can then try reformatting your internal drive. Then you would have to reinstall the operating system and all your software and copy your data from the external drive back to the newly reformatted internal drive.

Before you do something so drastic, what does disk manager show about the internal drive? Does it show any unallocated space?

this
why.jpg

what i was hoping to do
is to copy the whole C drive to my external HDD
format the internal and get my pc going again
then just copy all of my files back to the newly formatted internal
that way i should be able to keep everything and have all of my HDD space show and be available to use

Wow, they say a picture is worth a thousand words...

I don't know what hard disk you are using, but you might check the manufacturer's site for software to copy your entire disk. I know Maxtor has software so that you can duplicate your old drive to your new drive, then just swap the hard disks and you system is the same except you have a nice big new drive. You may want to look into that.

[edit]

Here is the instructions for MAXBLAST the Maxtor software that I've used. It will only work with Maxtor or segate hard drives, but I know it works because I've used it.

http://www.seagate.com/support/maxblast/mb_ug.en.pdf

and here is a link to the software you can download from Maxtor support:

http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.j...toid=7add8b9c4a8ff010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD

If your hard drive isn't Maxtor or Seagate, let me know what make it is and I'll help you look for software to clone your system drive so you don't have to do a complete re-install.

wow!!!!!
thats the best thing that i have read!
rep for that
i have a Segatee Barracuda :D :D :D
sa-weet!

Back
Top Bottom