Which one is better gateway or emachines

dingle23

Baseband Member
Which computer do you thing is better for gaming gateway or emachines. I'am planning on upgradeing the video card and memory. But I would like someone opinion that has a good amount of experience and also keep in mind that later int he future I will upgrade the cpu and the emachines supports the new dual core 3800 by amd here is the article I read it on here the first two reviews talk about the dual cpu

Please I need someone opinion i HAVE had really bad incidents with comp. really bad. and I would like suggestion. Dont suggestion to build my own becasue I already did and it didnt work.

The emachines only has pci slots, no agp or pci-e.
This means that you will not be able to install any high end graphics cards.

What went wrong with your custom computer? Maybe we can help you out.

maroondude14 said:
The emachines only has pci slots, no agp or pci-e.
This means that you will not be able to install any high end graphics cards.
thank you for your opinion thats all i needed for me to buy the gateway becasue it has agp. these forums are really good other forums just keep give me smack on how i need to build one myself thanks for you opinion. So the gateway is the choice. If i upgrade the videp card and add a gig of ram it should be good enough to run bf2 right.

gateway is about 5x better, emachines is cheap and unreliable, have had more than 3 friends who have them and have said they are very prone to viruses, i also have one and overheats after about 1 1/2 hours. I also have a gateway it is 10 years old and still running fine, i was impressed that my motherboard had room for 4 ram slots, my emachines which is 3 years old only has 2, but i dont mean to bag that much on emachines because they provide computers at affordable prices, and everyone wants that. :p

Guitaraz90 said:
gateway is about 5x better, emachines is cheap and unreliable, have had more than 3 friends who have them and have said they are very prone to viruses, i also have one and overheats after about 1 1/2 hours. I also have a gateway it is 10 years old and still running fine, i was impressed that my motherboard had room for 4 ram slots, my emachines which is 3 years old only has 2, but i dont mean to bag that much on emachines because they provide computers at affordable prices, and everyone wants that. :p

Haha I love how Viruses can tell what brand PC your using, they are so picky these days... :rolleyes:

But yea i will agree with you that Gateway > emachines

Ya gateway even though gateway owns emachines, lol its just that they don't want people to know since they aern't very good machines

DON'T BUY EMACHINES! I made the mistake and brought one 5 years ago (unfortunaely for me it's the thing I'm using now),I have had alot of bad experiences with emachines, sure it's fine for very basic computing but rubbish for everything else. They don't even have anything about my model on their website (model: emachines 130DVD) It had windows xp home on it but only had 128mb ram in it so I had to put another 128mb in it myself because it was slow, also the hard drive was 20gb so I changed it with a 160gb one, no agp slot, has a Intel celeron 900mhz processor, and intel integrated grahpics (yuck). Although not quite so bad as it came as a package deal so I got a printer and scanner with it as well, so that made up for it a litle bit. But I'll be upgrading the whole thing later this year.

Right I'm finished complaining now. :)

I've never tried Gateway but as they are owned by Emachines I wouldn't personally go near them!

Back
Top Bottom