Is it OK to apply CPU 'Thermal Grease' to my GPU heatsink?

Shantei

In Runtime
? -- It doesn't say for only CPU heatsinks and it is 'Thermal Grease'. Should be OK shouldn't it?

Okay so I now need to apply this to my GPU heatsink. Can anyone tell me how to do it or an online guide on how to? I know it's probably really easy it's just Iv'e never done it before and don't wish to muck anything up.

Thanks.

The Arctic Silver 5 is an all-round thermal paste isn't it? Not just CPUs but GPUs too right?

yep , seeing as the gpu is just a mini little cpu just for processing graphical calculations it is just a processor , just not as powerfull as you main cpu so putting any thermal compound on it should be ok

The Arctic Silver 5 is an all-round thermal paste isn't it? Not just CPUs but GPUs too right?

yep, doesn't matter which thermal paste you use with what. Thermal paste is there to make sure that heat goes from the processing unit to the heatsink as fast as possible. So you can use the same one for all the heatsinks in the computer.

THere's no such thing as CPU Thermal paste. The paste is a universal paste that goes on any types of chips with heatsinks. So yes, it will work with your GPU.

Alright this is now a separate question --

How do I apply it? :D

Iv'e never done it before and literally just took out my graphics card 10 minutes ago just to study it. I'm not sure which bit to unscrew and precisely where to apply the thermal paste and how much to apply :eek:

Is it Ok if someone can pm me on how to do it or a useful guide on how to apply it?

Thanks very much in advance.

Back
Top Bottom