Odds of getting a bad CPU?

A few weeks ago I had asked about building a new system. I got everything hooked up and starred at blank monitors. I came here and asked for some insight on what the problem may be. I gave up after a few days and took it to the local computer shop and had diagnostics run on it. Of all the things the CPU was the last thing I was worried about when I ordered my parts. Anybody know the odds or recieved a bad cpu before?

Nope. I had it tested at a local computer shop. They tried another dual core processor and it booted up fine. Went right to the bios and they said it reconized everything. They then took my bad cpu and put it in another PC to test it out and it didn't boot in that system either. Believe me I was pretty suprised when I found this out. I'm glad I had it checked we figured it was the motherboard and I almost sent it back.

Looks like you have a bad CPU then, but chances are slim. I've bought quite a few CPUs before (all AMD, haha) and they all worked. If I were to build a PC now, then I would go with Intel. I'm sure there's warranty on it.

Ya its a intel chip. I bought it through tigerdirect however I've got to send it back to intel directly. I was hoping I could get one shipped out while this one was going back but I couldn't so now i'm stuck waiting another week and a half. GRRR brand new system just chilling in my corner. :(

Yeah the odds are pretty slim for the cpu being broken. But as you now know it's possible :p

And yeah sending it to warranty really sucks. I had my hdd out for 5 weeks, but luckily it was just the hdd so I could run linux with a live cd.

Back
Top Bottom