Odd request for help

desdichato

Baseband Member
Hi All,

I am a bit of advise about using superglue on computers....What the problem is I have M11X notebook and the plastic hinges on the lift up monitor have broken as a result I can lift the monitor so that it is about 25mm above the keyboard, also the monitor is still working but is slowly disassembling itself.

I am thinking of using superglue to stick the plastics back together and I was wondering whether if it would cause any problems with the electronics if some super glue accidently got on to the electronic circuitry.

TIA

P

I don't know if the glue will help keep your monitor from falling apart but it shouldn't effect electronic devices. If you get it on anything mechanical though, like a switch, hinge, gear, etc... that would be a problem.

Super glue should not be conductive once dry (probably not too conductive while wet, but you can never be too sure). Just make sure you pull the battery out and unplug the machine before you do it, and then you can put it back in and plug it in once the glue is dry.

I would assume that super glue will not fix the issue though. I would suggest two-part epoxy. You can find it at any hardware store or even Wal-Mart.

Back
Top Bottom