Odd Hitachi Cable - possible adapter/cable?

Ongaku

Beta member
Hello,

I'm looking for a av control center for my gf. We're both avid gamers and have tons of systems. I use a Hitachi plasma monitor with their proprietary av control center (AVC76L) This works perfectly for me as far as number of inputs and size.

She recently upgraded to a newer led tv and unfortunately it does not have standard composite inputs. It has 4 HDMI and 1 Component and 2 vga. We were looking for a receiver of some kind (smaller pref without the surround sound stuff as this is for a small bedroom) and I thought about my hitachi.

I checked the cables but found that the end looks like some sort of weird dvi-d cable? (see pictures) One of the ends goes into the control center and the other (with the round plug) goes into the tv. Would there be any possible adapter for this? I was originally thinking dvi-vga, but with those center pins gone idk what is is...

Or if you have a recommendation for a receiver/switch that would work...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/JunFudo/download.jpg?t=1359658498

Both are not missing any pins. Those are standard dvi plugs. The round one is s-video.
My Emerson has the component jacks. One of them is also marked composit in. Check for that.

Both are not missing any pins. Those are standard dvi plugs. The round one is s-video.
My Emerson has the component jacks. One of them is also marked composit in. Check for that.
The hitachi "dvi" cable pins are two groups of 3x3 separated in the center by a missing column of pins; where as a normal dvi is a single block of 3x8.

http://ruby-electronics.com/images/cbl-dvi24-a.jpg

Also, I already know that I can use the pre existing component as a composite, but I not looking for just a composite in, I need a KVM for the systems and one that preferably has both component and composite as there is only 1 composite in. Hence my curiosity about if the audio video control center that comes with the hitachi plasma monitors would work. The monitor needs both the pseudo dvi AND the s-video look a-like plugged in to function.

Back
Top Bottom